Grilled Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce (Of Your Choice)
- 2 Tablespoons Peeled And Grated Fresh Horseradish
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Fine Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Flank Steak
- 1-2 Cups Moore’s Marinade (or your favorite brand)
- Hickory Wood Chips For Smoking As Needed
Combine all the horseradish sauce ingredients (first seven ingredients) in a small nonreactive bowl and blend well with a whisk. Cover and chill for later.
Flank steak is a flat, flavorful cut of beef that is great marinated. It can be a bit chewy, and it is up to personal taste as whether unseasoned tenderizer is used. If the flank steak is cut thinly across the grain on a 60-degree bias when done, it does not usually need tenderizing….but what great flavor! Put flank steak in a zipper-topped plastic bag with the marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Preheat grill for medium to high heat.
Remove the flank steak from the marinade, and discard the marinade. Place Mo’s Smoke Pouch full of Hickory Wood Chips on the grill over the flame or hot coals on the cooking surface. If you don't have this option you can make a packet out of aluminum foil and punch a few holes in the top of it with a fork and place directly on the hot coals.
As soon as the pouch begins to smoke (3-4 minutes), reduce the heat to low directly under the pouch. Place the flank steak directly over the heat, cover, and grill to your desired degree of doneness, 6-8 minutes per side for medium rare. As always, keep the grill lid closed as much as possible so as to trap the smoke with the flank steak and to prevent oxygen from igniting the smoking wood.
Cut thinly across the grain on a 60-degree bias when done. Use the prepared Horseradish Sauce for dipping.
- Baked Potato with Chives
- Tossed Salad with a Great Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
- Broccoli and Cabbage Slaw with Bacon
- Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Pancetta
- Grilled Yellow Corn-On-The-Cob