Grilled Chicken with Savory Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Premium Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Powdered Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Sage
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Fine Black Pepper
- 1 Whole Chicken, Halved
- Prepared Yellow Mustard As Needed To Coat Chicken
- Apple Wood Chips For Smoking As Needed
In a medium size bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Slather a light coating of prepared yellow mustard on all surfaces of each chicken half. Rub the seasoning over the both halves of the chicken. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Place Mo’s Smoke Pouch full of Apple Wood Chips on the grill over the flame or hot coals on the cooking surface. If you don't have this option you can make a packet out of aluminum foil and punch a few holes in the top of it with a fork and place directly on the hot coals.
As soon as the pouch begins to smoke (3-4 minutes), reduce the heat to low directly under the pouch. Place the chicken on a hot grill over medium-heat with the meat side down. Grill with the wood chips for 1 hour or more, keeping the grill lid closed so as to trap the smoke with the chicken and to prevent oxygen from igniting the smoking wood. After 30 minutes, turn the chicken to its opposite side. The juices near the bone should run clear (internal temperature away from bone: USDA Minimum 165°F (74°C)).
- Amish Cole Slaw
- Baked Beans with a light touch of Maple Syrup
- German Potato Salad
- Sweet Potato Frie
- Grilled Asparagus and Portobello Mushrooms